Notice of Class Action and Proposed Settlement
You may be entitled to receive benefits under this class action settlement.
The notice summarizes the proposed settlement reached in a lawsuit entitled Goetz v. Benefit Recovery Specialists, Inc., 20 CV 550 (Walworth Cnty. Wis. Cir. Ct.), pending in the Walworth County Wisconsin Circuit Court (“Lawsuit”). For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the settlement agreement available here, by contacting the Settlement Administrator at 1-833-937-0337, by accessing the Court docket in this case through the Court’s system at https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/.
Para una notificación en Español, haga clic AQUÍ.
July 29, 2022 — Election Form Deadline
July 29, 2022 — Reimbursement Form Deadline
May 31, 2022 — Exclusion Deadline
May 31, 2022 — Objection Deadline
July 13, 2022, at 2:00p.m. CT — Final Approval Hearing
PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE COURT OR THE COURT CLERK’S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT OR THE CLAIM PROCESS.
The notice may affect your rights – please read it carefully.
A state court authorized the notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- The lawsuit alleges that on or about April 20, 2020, to April 30, 2020, BRSI was the victim of a cyberattack resulting in the disclosure of personal information and protected health information, including names, Social Security numbers, dates of birth, medical history information, health insurance information, and other information (the “Data Breach”). BRSI maintains that it had meritorious defenses, and it was prepared to vigorously defend the lawsuit. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing or an indication that BRSI has violated any laws.
- If your information was potentially compromised in the Data Breach, you are a Settlement Class Member.
- The Settlement provides that Settlement Class Members are eligible for the IDX Settlement Offering by submitting the Election Form by the July 29, 2022, and following the additional enrollment instructions to activate the plan as instructed.
- The Settlement also provides that Settlement Class Members who elected to receive and enrolled in the IDX Settlement Offering may also seek reimbursement of up to $2,500 for documented Economic Losses Settlement Class Members suffered as a result of the Data Breach that have not be reimbursed by IDX or another third party. To be eligible for reimbursement, you must submit sufficient evidence of your economic loss and satisfy additional requirements. The deadline to submit a claim is July 29, 2022.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
SUBMIT AN ELECTION FORM
|This is the only way for Settlement Class Members to enroll in the IDX Settlement Offering paid for by BRSI. If you submit an Election Form, you will give up the right to sue BRSI in a separate lawsuit about the claims this Settlement resolves.|
|This is the only way for Settlement Class Members to request reimbursement of economic losses related to the Data Breach. You must elect to receive and enroll in the IDX Settlement Offering offered through this settlement to be eligible for reimbursement. If you submit a Reimbursement Form, you will give up the right to sue BRSI in a separate lawsuit about the claims this Settlement resolves.|
|Unless you exclude yourself, you are automatically part of this Settlement. If you are a Settlement Class Member and do not submit an Election Form or a Reimbursement Form, you will not receive anything from the settlement, and you will still give up the right to sue, continue to sue, or be part of another lawsuit against BRSI about the legal claims resolved by this Settlement.|
|You will not receive any benefits from the Settlement, but you will not be bound by the terms of the Settlement, if approved by the Court.|
|If you do not exclude yourself from the Settlement Class, you may object to the Settlement or to Class Counsel’s or the Class Representatives’ requests for Class Counsel fees or Service Awards, respectively.|
GO TO A HEARING
|You may object to the Settlement and ask the Court for permission to speak at the Fairness Hearing about your objection.|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
- The Court still must decide whether to approve the Settlement. No benefits will be provided, or payments made until after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and all appeals, if any, are resolved.